The members of Channing Memorial Church, Unitarian Universalist, are committed to being and becoming the church that . . .
- Provides powerful transformative worship
- Reaches people emotionally and spiritually through the power of music
- Witnesses and embraces each other’s religious diversity
- Provides in-depth, quality Religious Education for all ages
- Serves the community around us
- Reaches out to welcome and support a diverse community
- Promotes environmental responsibility
- Grows, yet remains a supportive, caring,and intimate community that nurtures individuals and families in all life stages.
Channing is a small, open, welcoming congregation, now worshipping in its first home church after 18 years of meeting in shared spaces. The congregation’s founders reached back to the roots of American Unitarianism in naming their congregation after William Ellery Channing, author of the 1819 sermon that defined the faith.
Read more about us:
Channing Memorial is engaged in a search for an interim minister to serve the congregation for at least a year, beginning Sept. 1, 2016, until a permanent ministerial assignment can be settled.